TRAVEL UPDATE - HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES ON OUR YACHTS, SO YOU CAN TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
With the consultation of The World Health Organization (WHO), we have adopted the below measures and sanitation protocols on board our small ships since the beginning of the outbreak. Up to today, and following these protocols across our fleet, we have not had a COVID-19 case on board our yachts.
Policies currently in place include:
- Following the Greek Government Entry Guidelines for Travelers, Variety Cruises will require a 72-hour negative PCR test prior to embarkation, or proof of Covid-19 Vaccination Certification
- Travelers may be subject to random Rapid Testing upon entry to Greece and prior to Variety Cruises Embarkation and Disembarkation
- Mandatory pre-boarding health reporting and screening questionnaire
- Health & Sanitation Protocols on board our yachts
- Outbreak response plan and outbreak prevention protocols, including weekly testing
A.MANDATORY PRE-EMBARKATION SCREENING
We have implemented pre-cruise screening for all guests and crew. This includes:
All passengers and crew will be screened prior embarkation and daily every morning during the cruise for:
a) Body temperature
b) Blood oxygen content
Guests are asked to submit a completed questionnaire related to COVID prior to embarkation. All records related to each Guest’s Health Condition during the cruise, are kept in file for two months.
Boarding will be denied to any guest or crew who has, within 14 days of embarkation:
- have experienced any flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing
- have had close contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to COVID-19
All luggage are disinfected prior to embarkation.
B. WHILE ON BOARD /DURING THE CRUISE
General Hygiene Practices & Standards
- Usage of sanitizer dispensers are mandatory at embarkation/disembarkation as well as prior to entry at Restaurant area at meals
- Tour coaches during our scheduled excursions will be limited with capped capacity. Vehicles will be fully sanitized before each shore excursion.
- Masks are offered to all passengers at the time of embarkation and throughout the cruise.
- The use of mask is compulsory for all crew members in all areas of the vessel and during tendering.
- The use of mask is compulsory for guests in all internal areas (excluding when seated in mealtimes) and during tendering, however, is noncompulsory in the external areas of the ship provided the distance of 1,5m is kept.
- Avoiding rush hours in archaeological sites
- Swim stops away from the crowded beaches
- All cleaning, sterilization and disinfection material and equipment are ECDC compliant.
- Daily UV sterilization of all staterooms and public areas.
- Additional disinfection of all cabins and internal common areas is taking place every other day using PureSpace® disinfection equipment when passengers are not onboard.
- Higher frequency with increased levels of sanitization and disinfection in guests’ cabins with hospital grade disinfectants, including twice daily wipe-down of guest cabins and guests cabin corridors
- Injection of diluted cleaning solution into drains to avoid clogged pipes and preventing bacterial growth
- Disinfection of all air-conditioning and ventilation ducts
- High-touch areas such as handrails, buttons, table-tops, door handles etc. are sterilized twice per day at minimum.
- Lounge-Bar areas and Restaurant Areas including galleys are sterilized before, during and after service. Upholstery, cushions, curtains are steam sterilized daily.
Food Hygiene Practices & Standards
- Guest seating will ensure ample spacing; disposable cutlery will be provided, upon request.
- Self-service at F&B buffet restaurants will be suspended. All food & beverages will be served to guests by crew members wearing face masks & disposable gloves.
C. CREW MEMBERS
Practices & Standards
- Weekly Covid-19 testing for Crew Members
- Twice daily temperature checks for Crew Members
- Our Crew receive professional health and hygiene training and are undergoing multiple familiarization seminars for best practices in cleaning and sterilizing.
- COVID-19 outbreak seminars are carried out across our fleet of small ship cruises, and a Outbreak Management plan is in place.
Some measures will remain in effect in certain countries and are subject to change at any time as we evaluate the situation and continue to consult with local health authorities as well as the WHO.
For frequently asked questions and information regarding COVID-19, please visit the following websites:
SEYCHELLES - Department of Health – Seychelles http://www.health.gov.sc/-World Health Organization (WHO)
-WHO Travel Advice
-United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC)
-European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
-CLIA Coronavirus FAQs
-CLIA Public Health and Medical PolicyThis Advisory supersedes all previous versions and will be updated as required.
TRAVEL UPDATES - FLEXIBLE BOOKINGS | HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
SMALL SHIPS, GREAT FLEXIBILITY: OUR NEW FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY
Enjoy reduced deposits and the serenity to cancel for any reason.
For all new reservations for 2021 and Winter 2021/22 cruises confirmed as of October 15, 2020 until April 30, 2021:
Secure your booking by a reduced deposit of ONLY € 250/ $ 300 per person for double and € 300 / $ 360 for single travelers.
Balance: 60 days prior your cruise departure
Flexible Cancellation conditions:
Up to 60 days prior to your embarkation: Administration fees* € 120/ $150 per person in double cabins and €150/$ 180 per person in single.
59-30 days prior to your embarkation: 50% cancellation fees (25% cancellation fees and 25% of the amount will be considered as Future Credit ** valid for any scheduled variety Cruises embarking until the end of December 2022.)
29 -00 days from your embarkation: 100% cancellation fees
*In case of cancellation the administration fee per booking will be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation, valid for any cruise and date of cruise.
Conditions & Restrictions
- The “Small Ships, Great Flexibility” New policy conditions are valid only for bookings confirmed by Variety Cruises as of OCTOBER 15TH 2020 – APRIL 30, 2021.
- The above policy may be withdrawn anytime without prior notice.
- All reservations are on request and on first-come-first-served basis.
- They do not apply on existing bookings and on group bookings.
- Please mention “VCFLEX” at the moment of your booking. Otherwise, Full Normal Payment and Cancellation conditions will apply
- For cancellations within 59 – 00 days from sailing:
A full refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered to passengers in the events of
a) The country of embarkation is not allowing certain nationalities to enter the country or impose quarantine due to Covid-19 situation in passengers’ country or the countries of embarkation. b) In the event that the country of passengers imposes a quarantine to their nationals upon their return