Working from Home
Working from home sounds like the best option for some people. Avoid traffic jams, not worrying about what you are wearing, sitting on your couch not suffering the distractions of office life. Perfect right? Pretty much but it can be challenging too. There are times where you might get suck down as the lines between office and home can get blurry.
We have collected 10 tips & tricks to make your new way of working enjoyable and effective.1. Arrange your workspace. Find a spare room or a corner you can transform into a dedicated workspace. If you use the kitchen table for example, what will happen when you need to use it? Move your things every time?
2. Dress as if you would meet someone. It sure sounds comfortable to walk around with your pajamas all day but it doesn’t boost your productivity. You don’t have to put on the type of clothes that need dry cleaning. Something comfortable and appropriate as if someone knocks on the door.
3. Work regular hours. Start your day at a set time, preferably early in the morning unless you are a night owl!
4. Make a list and set goals. Be realistic, if a project will take months break it into increments.
6. Stay social. Send a text or a news link to your friends so you won’t feel isolated and have regular calls or video calls to break up your schedule. A mid-day online yoga class will energize you.
7. Ask your kids to be patient. Use the same strategy for dealing with people that try to interrupt you. Set a time to play with them so they know they have to wait until then.
8. Leave housework for the weekend. Just like you would do if you had to go to the office.
9. Find your productivity playlist. Working in complete silence might make you feel completely isolated. You might prefer music with no lyrics or nature sounds. Whatever works for you!
10. Grouping meetings and appointments. If you arrange your meetings in a sequence you will work the rest of the day uninterrupted. Imagine you leave one hour in between; having a coffee, stretching your legs or grab a bite, it soon becomes half an hour so basically no time to be productive.